Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Tribute to The Silver Bullet


I bought this phone used about a year ago when my previous phone died after a night in the snow. It was the cheapest (and oldest) phone available. Shortly after purchasing it, it fell out of a pocket into the snow near Andrew's house, and lay there for 6 weeks. A neighbor found it in front of his house when the snow melted. It still worked perfectly. Everything was in tact.

When Abraham is really inconsolable, the only thing that will calm him down is going through all the ring options in this phone. He especially likes "Christmas Dance."

The phone's so old, and it's been through so much that I keep expecting it to give out, but just yesterday I found it again under my bed after having lost it for seven days. The phone was still on.

They just don't make 'em like they used to.

Anyone else feel a particular affinity to his or her phone?

4 comments:

Lara said...

That is the exact phone I have! I'm afraid I have developed quite an attachment to it. It is the first and only cell phone I've ever had. I got it over 3 years ago, it came free with my cell phone plan, and I just can't bear the thought of getting rid of it. Even though I know they make much "cooler" phones these days I just can't imagine life without my "silver bullet".

Andrew and Ariel said...

That's awesome you have the same phone! I've never seen one like it! Let's get them together for a play-date!

Andrew and Ariel said...

We will read this tribute at The Silver Bullet's funeral . . . or it's translation . . . whichever. Lovely piece, love.

-Andrew

Candace said...

I feel you. I miss my Nokia brick with all of my heart. Sure, it only held a charge for two hours, but that phone would not die. God bless the days of reliable phones.