Tuesday, February 5, 2008

http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695249772,00.html
We attended President Hinckley's funeral last Saturday and The Deseret Morning News published this picture the next day.
It was a wonderful experience to be there.
Some thoughts from Andrew that day:
“I’m sitting here in one of President Hinckley’s legacies—the Conference Center. It doesn’t feel right to be here without him. I’ve been overcome with emotion as I’ve thought of his love, his life and his testimony. He taught with such simplicity and clarity, but his testimony brought me to tears on many occasions. He is the prophet that guided me for as long as I’ve had a testimony of the church. I’ve cried this morning as I’ve realized how much I do and will miss him. What will General Conference be without President Hinckley? How will my children know how to be without President Hinckley? How will the saints in Portugal keep steadily moving forward without President Hinckley? I know all will be well, and that the Church is in the Lord’s hands, but oh, how I miss him! Ariel and I just read the talk he gave to the Portuguese and Spanish saints while I was in Portugal. It stirred some deep emotions. He meant so much to me. He meant so much to them.
Let the work roll forward. Let it move on in the wake of so many legacies that this great prophet has left us. I will miss him, but the Church is true and the Savior guides. Long live our dear prophet’s memory.”

1 comment:

Megan said...

Wow! What a sweet, touching picture of you two!