Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Transformations


Three weeks old. 10 lbs. 23 inches. Happy and healthy.
Our boy is changing fast. It's been amazing. As Abe transforms physically in leaps and bounds, I've felt a spiritual transformation take place in me.

My testimony of the Atonement, and gratitude for it, has increased each day since Ariel gave birth to our DLF. The cleansing power of the Atonement is seen in its purity in Abraham's beautiful eyes. I'm grateful for the suffering and pain Christ passed through for children, that they might come into this world unscathed from sin. I'm grateful for the knowledge that "the blood of Christ atoneth for their sins" (Mosiah 3:16). I've learned more about perfection and how to be more like the Son by observing my son than I ever thought possible. Christ loves children so much, and I feel that love as I hold little Abraham.

My testimony of the Plan of Happiness has also increased 10-fold in the last three weeks as I've witnessed it unfold in my life. One reason being that I've never been happier, and couldn't be happier! This little soul has brought the greatest joy into mine and Ariel's lives. And not only that, but life now has more purpose, more reason, and more responsibility than ever before. And I love it. Bringing life into the world has caused me to recognize how small I am, and how great God is. I've never felt so close to Heavenly Father and His plan. This is living like I never dreamed. Life just gets better. Ariel and Abraham are my life.

We love our little boy. He's worth every diaper change, every spit-up, and every middle-of-the-night-I-miss-my-mommy-and-daddy-and-need-to-sleep-in-their-bed
-and-then-I'll-stop-grunting moment.



4 comments:

Nonie said...

This beautiful baby seems like a redhead for sure, doesn't he? We can't wait to see him again soon! We love you guys.

Celeste said...

Thanks for those sweet thoughts Andrew! Elder Ballard would be pleased :?) (See cover article of Ensign.)
And what a sweet experience of being a parent. Your comments make me look forward to it even more. And I believe I'm seeing a little red tinge in his hair as well..?

Michelle said...

Ah! He is just so cute. I'm glad that I got to see him at the family shin dig. You two are so great!

Abigail said...

It's the classic Abraham furrow that sets him apart from every other baby in this entire Universe......