Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Green Jello, etc.

Everything's more fun with a baby. We've had a great time these last few weeks showing Abe what summer is all about!


Andrew has enjoyed working for the Mormon Times (a section in the Deseret News). He's been able to write lots of interesting stories, and interview lots of interesting people. Last weekend we were able to go to St. George (Abe's first trip!) to cover stories on a Mormon motorcycle group that travels to temples, Miss Utah, and a tour of historic St. George. This picture was taken at a Mormon Times party. What Mormon party would be complete without a competition in Jello-Art? This was my first attempt. How did I do? The water would have been blue... except there was no blue jello. So, the color you're actually seeing is three small packs of yellow jello, one big pack of green jello, and about five drops of blue food coloring. Makes for a dark green. I'm happy to say that despite all this, we somehow won the jello competition. One funny side note is that although it was not a requirement, all the jello entries were green.
Wow, that's definitely the most I've ever written about jello...


Abraham had his first Summer Star Wars party. Andrew didn't want to wait too long to introduce Abraham to the series, especially while we had enthusists Neil and Winston in town.
We were able to get the real heroes to join our party. Here they are caught in an unusual action shot- Luke holding Master Yoda.


Here they are in the kitchen, sporting their jedi-in-training ponytails.


I love being the mom. No one can tell me what not to try with my baby. If he's been taking a nap for too long and I miss him, I can just get him up. If I want to see what he'll do if I put a carrot in his mouth, I can do it. Please do not comment and tell me those are bad things to do. I don't want to hear it. He liked the carrot anyway. He sucked on it for quite a while.


Another important summer activity: Jumping on the tramp


And what summer is complete without a family reunion? Here Grandpa is reenacting how he broke a plate of mashed potatoes over his brother Ted's head.


A long awaited summer event- meeting the final of the 9 aunts- Meredith! Welcome home, Merzi! Meredith left to Israel just days before little Abraham was born.


Last but not least, we had the opportunity to bless Abraham Craig Marshall in our Hispanic ward last Sunday. It was a beautiful blessing, and it was wonderful to be there among so many friends.

1 comment:

Kate said...

My deepest secret: I like the taste of blood. And turkey sticks...
AND I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT!!