Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Love!

It's sweet Ariel's birthday today. If only I could pen the deep, indelible feelings of love, admiration, and fondness I have for Ariel. She really does complete me. I can't think of an unhappy day in my life since I married her. Really. I'm not one to hyperbolize about things that mean a lot. I live to see and be with my lovely wife, and my obligation to bring home the bacon is becoming increasingly difficult, tearing me from her and the little Ham.

One day, when Ariel and I were engaged, my future father-in-law sent me this picture of Ariel with her cousin, Catherine.

When I saw it, I fell more in love with Ariel than ever. There was something so natural and beautiful about her holding a baby. It just made me happy. I realized when I saw it that she was going to be a wonderful, wise, enthusiastic, loving mother, and I became more excited than ever to marry her. Up to that point I had thought about her more as a future wife than as a future mother. Now I'm seeing her innate ability to mother she is more wonderful, wiser, more enthusiastic, and more loving than I ever could have imagined. Baby Hammer, and any other little Marshalls to arrive down the road, are the luckiest tikes in the world.

I love you Beautious Maximus! Para-bens!

2 comments:

Celeste said...

Happy birthday Ariel!

Megan said...

Happy happy birthday, Ariel, dear!