Sunday, May 3, 2009

Hawaii Bound!

So, we're going to Hawaii with the Marshall family on the 10th. Although we have done a fair amount of traveling with Abraham, we've never done anything like this, so I'm a little nervous. I've never been to Hawaii, and I've never traveled with an almost one year-old. Does anyone have any tips on traveling to Hawaii, or traveling with a one year-old? We're still trying to decide things like if we should take a baby back pack or a stroller, or bring our own car seat or just rent one there, etc etc. Any recommendations would be appreciated!

4 comments:

Eliza said...

I have never traveled to Hawaii but we did travel to Georgia, Washington D.C., and Arizona (all flying trips not driving) with a one year old. We took a light umbrella stroller and our own car seat and GATE checked both items. That worked out great for us.

Good luck!

kupukaa_ohana said...

My hubby lives in Hawaii so we have made the trip there a few times. One thing I can really rely on it...Benadryl..make sure you do a little test run before hand because sometimes it can really rile the kid up, but if it puts em to sleep..do it! The white noise also lulls them to sleep..but an umbrella stroller is good, you can gate check them. Also make sure you ask the airline in they will let you guys get seated before everyone else, sometimes they let families go first. Have so much fun, I am jealous! What island are you going to?
Katie Shields Kupukaa

DP said...

We are also flying this week, and I just read on Delta's website that strollers and car seats can be checked for free, and they don't count against your baggage limit. Nice, huh?

I'm wondering how many of my personal belongings I can stuff inside the car seat before they'll catch on...

Scottish gal said...

I'll just reinforce what must be common sense -- baby sunscreen applied frequently. A baby sun hat. And plenty to drink for Hammie. I've had children burn so badly they went to bed at night lathered in Bag Balm (a life-saver and all the pharmacies carry it) and wrapped in muslin. You burn fast and burn easily in Hawaii -- even on completely overcast days.