Friday, December 3, 2010

Do you know anything about shoes?

Between Thanksgiving and Christmas I'm not eating any dessert foods (the scones I ate for breakfast, so you can see I'm a little lenient).  Since Andrew doesn't want to do it with me, I needed additional incentive.  The incentive we decided on is shoes (my current shoes are falling apart). 
But I don't know anything about good shoes.  That's why I'm looking for recommendations! 
I'm looking for shoes that:
  • Aren't tennis shoes
  • Aren't flats
  • Give good support
  • I could wear them basically every day
  • Pretty weather resistant
  • Look decent
  • Will last

Thanks for your suggestions!!

5 comments:

Leah and Daniel said...

Let me know what you find!! I'm on the lookout as well.

Ashley said...

These probably aren't what you're looking for bc they're kind of hiker-ish looking I guess. But these are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn in my life! http://www.amazon.com/KEEN-Presidio-Shoe-Womens-Black/dp/B000MQFQLU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1291401175&sr=8-1

haley said...

My favorite pair of shoes EVER have been the brand "J-41"---mine happen to be blue and white...so they don't go with every single thing I own, but they are awesome in every one of your desired categories. i'm not sure the exact model name of my shoe, but if you peruse you would find many options I am sure. I found them on Zappos.com---best customer service website out there.

Scottish gal said...

My favorite shoe maker for comfort and good support and lasting quality is Ecco. These can be expensive, but there are Ecco factory outlets in some large cities and many big department stores carry them. I have Eccos that have walked all around Europe and the British Isles and I'm still wearing them 10 years later. I LIKE flats, but you can also get 1 inch to 3 inch heels.

Chris and Annalisa said...

http://dansko.com/Womens/Footwear/Styles/Clogs/Professional/Cordovan%20Cabrio/

You'll never go back!