Monday, December 20, 2010

You Heard It Here First!

Our sources tell us that there will be a lot of blogging about Christmas next week. Remember readers, you heard it from us first. We celebrated Christmas a week early while Babba was in town! He came on business so we stayed with him downtown in his presidential suite, just minutes away from my work! We (mostly Ariel, Abe, and Ben) hit up the National Christmas Tree, the Partnership holiday party, American History Museum, Air and Space M, the Building Museum, Ethiopian, Indian, and Mexican cuisine, the lights at the DC temple, and celebrated Christmas! Enjoy the pictures and movie!
 






Nonna even made it to Christmas morning with us!
If you want to see the story behind these sardines, watch the video below. The Galli's have a tradition of placing strange foods in stockings. I got pig feet this year (in honor of Portugal) and Abe landed sardines. They weren't as bad as I made them seem--I'm dramatic. The video also contains Christmas Eve footage and an Abe Declaration, or "complicated message" as he calls them.

First solid food on Christmas morning



Abe and his Williamsburg whistle and rocking horse from the Evans family. One happy kiddo.
 

Pooped on Christmas morn.
After eating at a cool Ethiopian joint with the VA Evans fam.

6 comments:

Rachel and Micah said...

Great post! After I listened to the video in the living room, I heard Dad upstairs telling Mom that he thought he heard Abe. I bet he misses you guys. Good thing you'll be joining us shortly!

Melissa said...

That was fantastic! I miss Abe too! And beh sure looks jolly in his red pj's :) Andrew, I have to tell you, I started eating sardines while I've been pregnant because they're an excellent source of calcium. I can't lie, I find them amazing, but most of my family thinks they are disgusting and can't handle their smell. I just wanted you to know, you're not alone!

Melissa said...

Correction: Beh = Ben ... ... ...

Meredith said...

Loved that!
Merzi

Natalie said...

You guys are such a cute little family, I love the fun traditions:) Have a wonderful new year!

Nonie said...

We're so glad we're in the same city right now!