Sunday, March 20, 2011

Best Brothers

"These were men of peace, brothers who were bound by their love of God as well as their love for each other." M. Russell Ballard, Brothers Bound By Love and Faith

The above quote by Elder Ballard describes the relationship of Joseph Smith and my grandfather Hyrum Smith. Our boys Abraham and Benjamin reflect that love and bond described, even at their young age. It is certainly worth documenting and sharing Abe and Ben's relationship. From Day 1 of Baby Benjum's life, they've loved each other. They spend all day every day together with Ariel, and all live each day happily along. Enjoy the pictures--in no particular order--and the video at the bottom!




Ariel often leaves them sleeping by each other for a while after she puts them down.

























Brothers!

And the words to Abe's poem below:
"I love you well, my little brother,
And you are fond of me.
Let us be kind to one another,
As two brothers ought to be.
You shall learn to play with me,
And learn to use my toys.
And then I think that we shall be,
Two happy little boys."



And I'm still getting used to our new Mac, which is why I couldn't put together multiple clips of the boys. We caught Abe at a particularly crazy moment, but it's still sweet.

5 comments:

Eliza said...

As the mother of two little boys myself, I cannot even begin to tell you how much I love this post! I especially love the picture of Abe and Ben under the little coffee table together--it's so sweet and it looks like they are making some grand plans together :D

Kate said...

I LOVE THEM. This post made me smile pretty big.

Melissa said...

What a great post! I love seeing all the pictures you post of them. I need to learn how to do that...

Buchfam said...

Those boys are darling!! What a sweet collection of loving pictures! We miss you guys!!! But we are glad to see that you are doing wonderful things as you always do! Much love!

Camerzi said...

You know I dream about your boys (particularly Abe) all the time! Abraham was even in my dream last night. I love them so much.

Merzi