Saturday, March 5, 2011

Valentine's Day Song 2011

Remember how Andrew writes me an AMAZING V-Day song every year?  This year, he somehow did it again.  He recorded it (with cousin Ben, as always) while we were in SLC over Christmas without me even knowing.  
Here's a little background on this song: about a year and a half ago, Andrew recorded himself on my phone singing (really well), "Ariel, I looooooove  you!  Woah, yeah!"  I loved it, and used it as my ringtone until I got a new phone in January.  The thing I disliked most about my new phone was that it didn't have my favorite ringtone.  I'm grateful that Andrew took care of that problem by immortalizing it in this awesome song!  You can hear it by clicking on the song, "Phones Tones" on the sidebar. The entire song is Andrew's voice, drums, bass, trumpet, the works.  You can also hear the songs from past years (except 2007, it's not in the right format) on the sidebar as well.  You can read about 2010 (and watch our music video), 2009 and 2008 on the blog as well.
For my gift to Andrew, I gave him a jar full of 365 things I love about him written on tiny paper scrolls so he can enjoy the little notes until next Valentine's Day.  It's hard competing with professional songs every year.  He liked these two recent love notes: "You make great toast" and "You laugh when you're in physical pain." We are lovers of loving love.

One other funny Valentine's Day story. After a long day of work at home and work at work, Andrew and I were ready for a V-day Party. Andrew went to Giant (the supermarket) to buy me some flowers. I went to Giant to get some brownie mix and other party materials. Neither of us told the other about our intentions, but I ended up right behind him in line! It took me three bumps in the buns with my grocery cart before he finally turned around to see who it was. It made both our days. And we had a great Valentine's Day Party: puzzles, veggie burgers, and M&Ms. It was great.

Flowers from Andrew and my jar full of love notes.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

So cute!!! :)

Ashley said...

I love that you ran into each other at the grocery store!! haha!! I can't stop laughing. You two are adorable.