Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Andrew James Marshall, age 27 and still going strong

Happy birthday (yesterday) Andrew!  We were busy partying all day, that's why I couldn't poast (Yes, I just wrote poast.  But it was so awesome, I couldn't change it).
The boys and I took Andrew to Fuddruckers for lunch and then went and hung out at the mall (80 beautiful degrees!) while we waited for Andrew to finish up. 
 We then went home and had a fun little family party! 
Sweet Abraham probably told Andrew "Happy Birthday" 25 times throughout the day.  
 
He got a little teary when he realized that Andrew's birthday would be over when he woke up from his sleep.
He said so sweetly, "I love your birthday, Daddy-o!" 
 That's how I feel.  I wish it could be Andrew's birthday every day!
I wish I had all the money in the world to buy him every fun thing I could think of, and all the time in the world to make him a million little homemade gifts.
For Valentine's Day, I wrote 365 things I love about him on little papers so he can open one "scroll" a day for this next year.
I could have kept writing and writing far past 365! 
I keep thinking of different characteristics and things I love about him that I should have written. 
 

I think, "How could I have skipped 'diligent'?  That's such a defining characteristic for him!"
Really, truly, when he wanted to date me I didn't take him seriously for a while because I thought, "I'm not who he thinks I am.  He is too cool for me in every way.
Pretty soon, he'll figure out who I am and move on to someone better." 
 
 I'm still in awe that he "settled" for me.
I'm really not the type to belittle myself, and this really wasn't about me, it was about him. 
 He was, and is, my spiritual role model. 
 And he's way more popular than I am. 
 He's intelligent, clever, creative, humble, handsome, and so full of love. 
 If I were to choose one characteristic that truly defines him, it would be full of love. 
 Abraham has started to call me "Our Beautiful" when talking to Andrew, because that's what Andrew refers to me as.
  As his sister said, "I don't think I know someone who is more sincerely interested in people, and making them feel special and happy."  
In the words of my mom, "[We] thank the Lord for the light which streamed through onto our family when he opened the door and walked in." 
Here are some more fun facts about Andrew, because I love talking about him:
Andrew loves roller coasters.

Andrew has a crush on Little Debbie (it was a big day when he told me he loved me more).
Andrew is familiar with and likes probably 35 more foods now than when I married him (and that's not recipes--food, like spinach).
One of Andrew's hobbies is complimenting people.
He isn't handy with tools, but he does all his own stunts.
 He has more dimples than you can shake a stick at.
Andrew is extremely sentimental.
We have about 10 of his stuffed animals in the corner of Abe's room.
Everyone who meets Andrew wants to be associated with him and help him out.
I think God made him short because if his huge spirit were in a big body it would be too overwhelming for people.
He bikes to work a few times a week, a round trip distance of about 20 miles.
Because of that, his calves are like large, buff stones.
He's very funny.
But not sarcastic.
He has great faith.
Have any mountains in the way? 
Call Andrew.
 
He plays the cello.
If he is ever concerned or worried, it is probably because he believes someone is not comfortable or happy.
He carefully edits his emails.
He has a beautiful bass singing voice.
He doesn't care about money, except as it is necessary to meet his needs.


He trusts God completely and thanks the Lord for his trials.
 I love you, Andrew! 
 You're a jolly good fellow!!

PS we have so many pictures of Andrew's face because he used to send me a picture every day from his class to me while I was working as a nice morning pick-me-up. 
It worked :)
Hope it did for you too!
How could it not?
I mean, look at this guy!
I'm so glad both our boys have his blue eyes!


















 Want more Andrew?  I don't blame you.  Check out the post my mom did!

11 comments:

Whitney Hardie said...

I love all the cute photos of you two together. Of course I love the ones of just Andrew (who wouldn't?), but the two of you together - they're just the best.

Rachel and Micah said...

Great tribute to Andrew and fabulous pictures! I don't know that I will shed tears about it, but like Abe, I love your birthday Andrew.

Lark said...

OK. You win the Andrew photo contest! It's a good thing he is a master of expressions--never a repeat. Love to him and You, Bubby.

Eliza said...

Happy birthday Andrew!!

Nonie said...

Happy Birthday, Andrew! Seems like it was a really great one. I was wondering why there were so many "nice guy" pictures in this roll until Ariel spilled the beans that they were taken personally for her. No one else could get that face out of you so consistently. :) So many great pictures here. The one above "Andrew has a crush on Little Debbie" ade me burst out laughing... I really don't think I've seen that face!

Great tribute, Ariel. You guys are a super fantastic couple! We love you both! And those boys!

Camerzi said...

Fantastic. Fantastic fantastic.

Laura said...

I googled Andrew & Ariel for a random reason & came across your blog. It is so sweet! I wish your family a life time of health love & laughter! :-)
-laura. Www.thePetPsychi.com

Celeste said...

What a wonderful tribute! We love Andrew too and we love the sweet friendship so apparent in your family. And I think I found someone you might just beat my sister at a facial variety contest; a feat I never knew possible. I'm impressed.

Manda said...

Aweome post. Awesome bother. And awesome brother's wife and kids.

Awesome!

Ashley said...

That was such a sweet post! I'm so grateful Blair served his mission with Andrew. I know we don't see you guys very often, but we both love you so much and are grateful for the amazing examples you both are to us. We look up to you in MANY ways. Hope you had a fantastic birthday, Andrew. We're so glad you were born :)

Melissa said...

With all these pictures to intruduce George to his Uncle Andrew Marshall,I think it'll be very confusing to him who his uncle Andrew Shipp is :) What a great post -- what exceptional individual!