Monday, December 1, 2008

Mustache Monday


BYU's MPA program turned over a new leaf today. Straying from the norm, living on the edge, looking danger in the eye . . . we all grew mustaches.
Paul Dean and I initiated the first annual Mustache Monday today. It went over well. We had awards and pictures and prizes. We had a panel of eight gals from the MPA program who judged our staches.

I won for best color.

A good time had by all.

And here is healthy Abe with a carrot from the Galli garden.

Hopefully we'll have a Thanksgiving post up soon. It was a great week.

5 comments:

DP said...

Where's your moustache, Abe?

Meredith said...

Glad to see the carrot tradition is being passed on to the next generation. When I was little, I really thought that the reason I had red hair was because we ALWAYS had carrots on the counter in a bowl, and we ate them at every meal but breakfast. Keep it up Abey!

lori said...

Love it! So fun to meet little Abe today!! What a gorgeous little guy!

Nonie said...

Wow, Meredith. I don't remember that at all, but I wish I had thought of it -- it would have helped rid me of the tiring and endless question, "Where did that red hair come from?"

That being the case, Abe, eat those carrots to your heart's content. Let's have that hair come through red!

Anonymous said...

Andrew, You would be interested in knowing that your Grandfather Marshall won the Hawaiian mission mustache growing contest. (Yes, the missionaries had one!) Grandfather's barber brushed a little mascara on Grandfather's blond mustache and he won! Just a little Marshall trivia for you.
Auntie M.