Thursday, April 9, 2009

D.C. Bound!

Andrew was offered a very nice internship with the G.A.O. in Washington D.C., so that's where we're headed this summer! We're really excited! We'll be staying with my aunt and uncle in Virginia. Anyone been to D.C. lately? What are your recommendations for not-to-be-missed sites? We're also going to drive there, and are wondering where we should stop along the way. Getting there's half the fun, right?
We're definitely going to stop in Nauvoo to see my dear cousin Liz who is a missionary there right now, but beyond that, we're not sure where to go. Any suggestions? World's biggest fryingpan, fattest pig, tallest door, great lookouts, small museums, etc.

6 comments:

Kate said...

Not to be missed site: Kate's house in Delaware. A little out of the way but SO worth it! I promise you'll regret it if you miss this opportunity of a lifetime so go while you can! :D

Ashley said...

Congratulations! You're going to love it. Here's a list of the things we loved:

Shopping in Georgetown
Awesome Vietnamese restaurant in Georgetown - sorry can't remember the name
Holocaust Museum changed my life
Lincoln's Memorial is awesome
National Archives was really cool
...what else???

Natalie said...

Oh I was going to say the Holocaust museam, just because I've heard so much about it. The Zoo is AMAZING, and Abe will love it! You should talk to Lindsey!

Eliza said...

We were in D.C. a year and a half ago... I concur with everyone on the Holocaust museum. I'd also suggest the monument tour AT NIGHT, it's beautiful and fun.

Congrats on the internship!

Jess said...

Love all the sites in D.C.! The Smithsonians are a must if you ask me. Now, I just hope with your internship that you can ACUTALLY make the government accountable:)

Katie said...

Don't miss carhenge. It's a bunch of cars set up in the shape of stonehenge and painted grey. I think it's in the middle of nebraska. Definately a must-see.