Monday, April 13, 2009

He Lives!


My identity, first and foremost, is that of a disciple of Jesus Christ. Beyond that I am a husband and a father, followed by a son and a brother. My racial, political, professional, educational, and cultural identities all fall into distant places. If someone knows me, I want them to know me as a believer.

Jesus Christ does live. He is the Son of God. I have received an indelible witness of this in my heart by the power of the Holy Ghost. To deny Him would be to deny myself, for without Him I truly am nothing. As Amulek teaches, “according to the great plan of the Eternal God there must be an atonement made, or else all mankind must unavoidably perish.”

I want the world to know through blogging, airplane discussions, my journal, formal testimony-bearing and the many other means of communication available today that I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior of my body and spirit, and of the world. Last week Elder Holland’s challenge moved me deeply. I do not want Christ to ever be alone again, and I will stand by His side so He is not.

His mercy and power are evident every day in the temporal and spiritual. The Atonement can be seen in the pure eyes of my son, felt in the healing of a sickness, displayed in the love of my wife, and above all, manifest in the cleansing of sin and strength to overcome it.

He lives!

4 comments:

Lark said...

Thank you for your beautiful Easter message, Andrew. You are a true example of a believer.

The Bowles said...

ariel! this is raylene killian now bowles. i just found your blog from cassi's! i just read through it really quick while i'm sitting here at work and it's so fun to see what you've been up to! you look fantastic and your little son abe is adorable! congrats! so exciting that your husband has an internship this summer in DC! and i'm so excited to be able to stay in touch with you. email me at bradbowles3@gmail.com if you want to be invited to our blog. it's private...thanks!

besitos,
raylene

Nonie said...

I can't believe I'm two weeks behind here! Thanks for giving me so much to read and see. I miss you guys.

Andrew, your testimony is inspiring to me, as always. Your conviction gives me courage to be more open with my own. Thank you.

Ashley said...

Thank you.
I needed your testimony today. You two are both so wonderful. Blair and I love your little family so much. Thanks again.