Thursday, June 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Abe!!

One year old! Our little Abraham turned one yesterday, and we had a great celebration. Ariel made it amazing, as always. She made a delicious banana cake, Abe's favorite sloppy joes, wrapped his presents, and took care of him all the while. When I got home from work Abe and I went swimming in the lake and played at the playground across the street, two activities he loves.
It doesn't seem that long ago that he was yawning in his ultrasound and twisting and shouting in his Mama's tummy. The last days have brought a vivid memory of last year's events back into my mind. I have had some emotional moments thinking of Ariel's travail and Abraham's arrival. That long, holy night, a year ago, when Ariel suffered for the love of someone who could not help themselves taught me so much about charity and the infinite Atonement of the Savior. Ever since that night Ariel has never let Abe cry, even if it means getting less done in the day or less sleep in the night. She is always there for him, teaching me much about the unconditional love found between a child and parent.
Abraham has continued to fill us with new understanding about the Atonement, Heavenly Father's love, and the great Plan of Salvation. He is who we want to be! Because of little Abe, Ariel and I have grown closer in ways I didn't know possible. There are new dimensions to our relationship because of the love that binds the three of us together. The sealing power of the Atonement is real, and it is felt in the Marshall family.
Our little man has learned so much in 12 months! Everything from learning to walk to becoming a sensational movie star! He is everything to us!

Happy Birthday little Abe! We love you!

Here's Cool Abe in his new B-day outfit and B-day shades!

7 comments:

Megan said...

Happy birthday, Abe! I cannot believe it has been a year...my how the time flies!

Natalie said...

Oh my goodness he's already one??? He is so freakin' cute! I hope you guys are still loving DC!

Julia Marshall said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE MAN! I wish I could've seen you on your birthday. but I'll see you very soon...!!!

Liz said...

Happy Birthday! We're excited to see you again, come August!

Nonie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nonie said...

You guys do such a good job at staying updated... thank you!

I loved your post about kids, Ariel! And Andrew, I loved reading your words about the last year with Abe. Having kids is the greatest.

Can't wait to be with you guys again.

wes said...

Happy Birthday Ab! Hope you guys are having a great time back east.