Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Our North Carolina Trip

We had the pleasure of visiting Julia and visiting Mom visiting Julia in Brevard, North Carolina where Julia is at music camp. Here are a few pics of our trip.

Abe was, as always, a great traveler.
Julia's group sounded really great!
While Julia practiced, we went with Mom to a wildlife conservatory. Abe loved feeding those fish!

A beautiful butterfly on a butterfly bush.
Here's Abe at the French Broad Cafe. This is for everyone who thinks Abe's still hairless!
Post sandwich at the French Broad (Julia's favorite restaurant)

Abe and Julia- it wasn't long till they were very comfortable together!
Abe and his lovely Grandmama.
Mom provided this lovely cabin for us! We were all so enchanted by it--especially the deck with the bug screen. It was perfect weather all weekend! Thanks for the most wonderful trip, Mom! It was sure great to see you and Julia!
Here's a picture of our lovely drive back.This is Andrew struggling to finish up our milk and lots of cereal.

Abe and Catherine missed each other on the weekend and were glad to be playing and reading together again.
This is a bonus picture. It's not from this trip. It's a nice little walk we took recently by the Potomac.

6 comments:

Ben, Ashley, and Nate said...

What a fun and exciting trip! Glad you guys are having so much fun out there and that Ben and I can live vicariously through your trips while here in Provo:).

Nonie said...

What great times you're having! I'm so glad you could go up to North Carolina... we wish we could have!

Yay for Abe's hair!! :) Did he really keep those sunglasses on from the first picture? He looks pretty at ease! Andrew should get together with Keenan for cereal sometime. He eats with a Goliath spoon.

We need one of those awesome rack baby backpacks!

hypothetically_speaking said...

I feel so refreshed after seeing these pictures of our loved ones (including Jan and Julia). It looks like Grandmamma is reading a book about both her grandson and son ;). Abe HAS changed--more than I thought. Please bring him and his parents home soon!

Janelle said...

I love Abe's hair! He looks so much bigger too! Alan's hair is in the process of falling out. He's balding and has acne, what can you do? I don't know how babies can manage to pull that off and still be the cutest things ever.

Sierra said...

That's one cute Abe!

I've been thinking about you, Ariel. I'm excited to have your family out East. Would you mind emailing me your email address?

Love Sierra
sierra.mangum@gmail.com

Rachel and Micah said...

You guys, I am sooooooooo jealous. I have thousands of fond memories in good old trnansylvania county NC. I love Brevard. Seeing those sound partitions on the WPA stage takes me back. I hope you guys had some Dolly's Ice Cream right at the Pisgah National Forest entrance. Beautiful, humid country. I hope I can have a meal with you guys as we cross paths in the midwest. Be safe and I hope I can see you later this week.