Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The View Out My Window

Sorry we've been MIA for so long.  We were partying non-stop for a few weeks, and now we're resting from our vacation.  Before we start working on our back log of what we've been up to, I wanted to share with you the pictures I took out my window this morning.  Sorry for posting so many, but each view is different and special to me!
Can you see our little river?
Can you see any sign of people or city? 
 I saw an owl on this tree the other day.
 Did you know that in the DC area school and everything is closed when there is just a chance of snow?
We're hoping the library is still open.
This picture is taken from Abraham's window.  We call this "his tree."  Little squirrels come right up to the window and wink at us.
The view down river.
And up river.

Whenever people ask us how we like where we're living, this view is all I can think of.  We don't have the best neighborhood, but we do have the best view.  And since the little boys and I are home most of the day, the view out our windows is what matters most.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh I am sooooo jealous!!!!! That is so beautiful!!! :) I want to live there!!!!!

Brittney said...

That's beautiful! I love the look of snow on trees ... what a fun place to live! I bet it's really beautiful in the fall too.

Amber said...

That IS a beautiful view. I do think your home base matters so much more when you are at home most of the time. Important to love it.

Melissa said...

Ariel, you are an inspiration to me :) Thanks for always being so positive!

Natalie said...

Oh how I miss trees! I didn't think I would, but just looking at these pictures reminds me of our beautiful ( yet scary) neighborhood in CT:)