Saturday, August 14, 2010

Birthdays, Guests, and an Anniversary

Well, this week has sure been a busy one.
On Monday we had our anniversary; four years and counting!
To celebrate, we dropped the boys off the Saturday before at Uncle Joe and Aunt Melissa's house, and Andrew and I went on a date. We really outdid ourselves; we went to dinner at one restaurant, and then dessert at another! I don't think I've ever done that before.
Sorry, the pictures of that must be on my other camera card.

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday are kind of a blur. Andrew was working on a big project at work and I stayed busy with the boys.
This picture kind of sums up a good portion of my days. This picture is taken from the point of view of the shower in our tiny bathroom. Neither of my sweet boys like to be very far from me at any time, so instead of Ben taking a normal nap in his crib or Abe playing in his room, they both opted for hanging out in the bathroom to wait.

On Thursday we were lucky enough to have some awesome visitors: Amanda and Thomas, Andrew's sister and brother. We've been having a great time.
On Thursday we went to the park.Abe has been in heaven with some of his favorite people around. Here he is with Uncle Tom, doing one of their favorite activities together.
I put that other picture in because it was so sweet they were looking at a picture of the two of them together, but then I saw this picture and had to throw it up too!
Abe was nice to let Amanda borrow Benjamin for a little while. He doesn't like to give him up (We were at the store the other day and a lady came up to Ben and said, "Oh, so sweet, how old is he?" and Abe said, "Hey! That's my brother!").

Friday was my birthday. Amanda made me the most wonderful red chocolate cake with blue creamy frosting from scratch, and homemade blueberry ice cream to match. Delish!
Sorry, those pics must also be on the other camera. It's in Amanda and Thomas's room, so I don't want to wake them up to find it. I may post those pictures in a subsequent post.

Today we went to the beach! It was a lot of fun. Only one jellyfish sting, and not a very big one. Andrew was the winner this time.


Ben slept almost the whole time, which is really the perfect thing for a one-month-old to do at the beach.
Abe just loved it. He had a blast and did not want to go home.Then we came home, and topped the evening off hamburgers from Five Guys, Wall-e and some M&Ms. A perfect Marshall day!We look forward to another fun-filled week with the sibs!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Micah, Laurel and I enjoyed looking through those pictures. We're sorry we missed your birthday fun! Those pictures of Thomas and Abe are my favorite, although the boys in the bathroom photo came in a close second. Hard to choose.

Amy said...

Oh, I so miss those east coast beaches! And happy belated anniversary- we actually forgot ours (July 28th) because we had been so convinced we would celebrate it AFTER Vivian's birth. We only remembered when my dad called to wish us happy anniversary:) Glad you guys got to go out and do something fun!

Lark said...

That does sound like the perfect week! Except that the "Ariel view" of the bathroom exaggerates its proportions! That bathroom is not designed for three people plus toys! What great kids Thomas and Amanda are. Thanks for sharing! Happy Anniversarbirthday! We love you.

Nikki said...

Boy, won't it be great to take a shower alone some day?! And the beach! I'm so jealous!! If you guys ever need a place to crash, should you be crazy enough to drive home to Utah, we're right in the middle ;-) Or if you just want to visit Kansas City, we'd love to have you!

Meredith said...

What a fun weekend! Oh it would have been lovely to join you there. Hopefully soon!