Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Dear Chaco Masterminds,

August 17, 2010

Dear Chaco Masterminds,

What an amazing product you have created! As you can see, I have thoroughly enjoyed my Chaco sandals. I got Chacos in June of 2003, and have worn them almost every day since. Not until June of 2010 did I notice the crack in the bottom. Even then I kept wearing them until (as you can see), they became completely un-wearable.

I have walked countless miles in these Chacos. They have served as my preferred footwear in my travels all across the United States, Mexico, Peru, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, France, and up and down many mountains across the Intermountain West.

I have roommates, friends, and at least 10 family members who have purchased their own Chacos on my high recommendation. I also plan to advance your cause by posting this letter to my blog today (andrewandariel.blogspot.com).

I was wondering if you could please send me a replacement pair because of the priceless PR work that I have done for you, because I have so thoroughly used my first pair, and because I am so invested in your product. I have enjoyed wearing the green Chacos, but this time I think I’d rather have a blue, brown, red or pink pair. You have so many wonderful choices now! I believe these Chacos were a size 8½.

My Chacos have taken me on life-changing adventures in some of my most formative years. I hope and trust that the next pair will have the same inestimable impact.

Thank you again for a wonderful product.

Ariel Marshall


6 comments:

Eliza said...

I got my first pair in 2001 (right before Sea Trek, in fact) and have thoroughly enjoyed them as well. I hope that they validate your great PR on their behalf with a new pair...or two!

Nikki said...

That's awesome! Did you really send that to the company? Since 2003, huh? ;-)

Meredith said...

I love it Ariel!!! I am thinking of investing in a new pair myself these days. Oh, but which color?!

hypothetically_speaking said...

amen sista! you are an inspiration to the rest of us!

--doots

Megan said...

That is so hilarious! As they say, the worst they can say is "no"! And yes, I am one of those people you can say you converted to Chacos. I am somewhat ashamed/proud to say that I am currently wearing them as I read/write this!

Hannah Rose said...

Yes yes yes! We love our "chacs" http://www.flickr.com/photos/inneri/4829964524/