Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My New Year's Resolution & A Bonus

I've got just one resolution this year.  We decided at conference that we'd do "Conference Resolutions," but I guess we can't break the habit of doing New Year's Resolutions too.
The goal?  Ten o'clock bedtime.  I'm pretty excited.  It's been great so far. 
I also have a few secondary goals, like getting on top of all my paperwork and scrapbooking and photo albums.  It's also nice having that as a secondary goal because ironically, when I don't feel as much pressure, somehow I get to it more. 
One of my goals isn't, but probably should be, blogging more consistently.  If only you guys knew the awesome blog post ideas I have all the time!  Oh well, maybe next year.  I'm busy going to bed on time for now. 
I'll try to get some more recipes up soon.
Here's a bonus picture of Abraham right now.  He's 1/2 way through "quiet time."  He's showing me he's not quite done, he still has 1/2 his books left.
And a final word from Ben:

6 comments:

Whitney Hardie said...

I love that resolution! Doesn't it make such a difference in your whole life?

Ben's jumping skills are the best I've seen in a long time.

Anna Peterson said...

I LOVE the picture of Abe in front of the Pollock! Classic. And good luck with your early bed time, wish we could do that too!

Lara said...

I love the idea of going to bed at 10:00 and someday I hope I can manage it. Recently I have been staying up later because I just get too tempted by the time I finally have to myself after Jackson has gone to bed.

Liz Heywood said...

Nothing like Abe and Jackson Pollock. Classic.

Spencer and Mackenzie said...

Ariel! I saw your quiet time comment on Sarah and Dave's blog (we were in the same ward back in the day). Just wanted to say hi - love your cute little family. Hope you're doing well, say hi to your family.

Mackenzie
oh and our blog is thehardingfam.blogspot

Rachel and Micah said...

The day goes better for us if we can get to bed by 10, too. It helps if you're forced to wake up at 5:30! I think quiet time is a great idea. I'll have to ask you for quiet time ideas in year or two... remind me.