Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Go Grantwell!

So I never really had a chance to blog about Grantwell while immersed in it last year. It was the most meaningful experience I had in the program, with the most lasting impact on me and the community. I wrote an op-ed for the Mormon Times on Grantwell in January and it finally ran a few weeks ago. I actually didn't catch it until last week. I have a snippet of it below, with a link to the full article, as well as a movie we produced last year. With grant money to use, a publication in an academic journal, and more projects lined up, I'm sure Grantwell is having a great new year!

"Two years ago I visited the Romney Institute of Public Management at Brigham Young University while wrestling over the difficult decision of where to attend graduate school.

While in the Tanner Building that day I spoke with Aaron Miller. In that short interview, Aaron told me about a program called Grantwell that would change my life forever. That day I caught a glimpse of the skills, experience, connections and opportunities to serve society that Grantwell could provide. As the current executive director of Grantwell, I can attest to all of the above.

Grantwell works for foundations and other large donors, offering grantmaking recommendations and assisting in strategic planning. Grantwell also provides opportunities to network with philanthropists, community leaders and other professional contacts. Ultimately, it prepares students for future work and service in the nonprofit sector." Read the full article here.



1 comment:

Nonie said...

That was a jazzy video! It's fun to see you in your niche, Andrew. Looks like you know what you're doing! :)